All the downloads on one page From the Census - Electoral Registers - The Rate Books & Land Tax Records - Manorial Court books - A History of Property in Normandy - Churches Records - Wyke Primary School - Transport - General History
Situated in the extreme
west of Surrey, within a short distance of the Hampshire border, the parish
of Normandy includes Wyke, Christmaspie, Willey Green, Pinewood and Flexford.
In spite of increasing residential development, this district still remains
largely rural in character with agriculture and its associated undertakings
as the principal local industry. There are an increasing number of residents
finding their employment in Aldershot and Guildford, for which a regular
bus service takes about 20 minutes to either town. Some residents commute
to London either by rail or road, this taking about 50 minutes. Trains
from Wanborough Station (located within the village) connect to Ash and
Modern development is strictly controlled by the local authority
in order to maintain the very attractive natural amenities and to ensure
the protection of the Metropolitan Green Belt.
The southern part of the parish lies within a mile of the
Hogs Back on the North Downs. The northern part undulates amidst woodlands
and commons with its natural charm.
Greetings from Normandy
The Normandy Sign
One of the photos from our collections
We have over 1300 full size photos in the members part of