- Normandy in the Press
- Normandy in the Press presents a past view and happenings
of the village as seen from selected reports and articles in the local
papers. The reader should note that until 1955 Normandy was predominantly
part of Ash, Willey Green was part of Worplesdon and a small part of Flexford
was in Wanborough.
- The researched material held at County Libraries and Record Offices
was hand-copied over a number of years by society member Peter Trevaskis.
Those notes have been subsequently transcribed by members: Alan Norris,
Eira and James Nursaw; Emma Rafferty; Peter Blakiston and Stephen Cranstone.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure correctness in the copying
and transcribing, readers are advised to refer to the original newspaper
source for the full account.
- Back to Index
- © Copyright by Normandy Historians
All Rights Reserved.