- Congregational Chapel
- Willey Green
- Sunday School
- Congregational Chapel at Willey Green, Sunday School, 1952
- Move mouse over photo for key
- 1. Mr Fooks, 3. Bernard Crooke, 5. Mr Coleman, 6. Joyce Hutchins,
8. Yvonne "Nonny" Woolgar
12. Pauline Crooke, 15. Betty Kemp, 16. Valerie Gravestock, 18. Derek George
Crooke, 19. Jaqualine Crooke, 20. Brenda White, 21. Barrie White, 22. Keith
Cottrell, 24. Ian Kemp, 26. Peter Cottrell, 27. Christine Cottrell, 28.
Christine Fooks, 30. Marion Crooke, 31. Pamela Gravestock
- If you know any of the others in
this photo please let us know
- Each Sunday that the pupils attended Sunday school they were given a
stamp of a picture and text from the bible. These were stuck in an attendance
book, which was divided into squares representing each Sunday in the Year.
At the end of the year the pupils handed in their attendance books and
if they had the necessary minimum number of stamps they were awarded a
- "Tre Pol & Pen" by S. E. Burrow from the
Honour Series of books was presented to Dennis Woods in 1928 by the Sunday
School for attendance.
- Regrettably Dennis was killed in World War II at only 19 years of age.
- Mr Coleman and the boys of the Sunday School
- Taken at Normandy Congregational Sunday School 1950
- Back Row L to R: David Francis, unknown, Bernard
Crooke, Mr Coleman, Derek George Crooke, unknown, Derek Francis.
Front Row L to R: unknown, unknown, Barry White (wearing
cap), Ian Kemp.
- Back Congregational Chapel
- Back to Places of Worship
- Back to Index
- © Copyright by Normandy
Historians All Rights Reserved.